Pumpkin turmeric latte with almond milk
Turmeric, which gives the “golden milk” its sweet, slightly tart spice as well as its deep golden color, is used as a remedy, especially in the cold seasons in India.
Tomorrow, swap your morning cup of coffee or matcha latte for a turmeric latte with fresh almond milk!
(for 2 cups:)
• 300ml water
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 pinch of ground cardamom
• 1 pinch of ground clove
• 1cm turmeric (fresh)
• 1 tea bag black tea
• 200ml almond milk
• 2 tsp turmeric (powder)
• 60g pumpkin puree (or best: fresh Hokkaido pumpkin)
• 2 tbsp maple syrup (more as needed)
• Kuvings juicer
• Smoothie attachment
Optional: vacuum blender
1. Prepare almond milk with the Kuvings juicer.
2. Halve the Hokkaido pumpkin and roast it in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
3. Heat water, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and turmeric (fresh) in a saucepan over medium heat.
4. When the water turns brown, let the tea bag steep for about 5 minutes.
5. Add almond milk, pumpkin (roasted), turmeric (powder) and maple syrup to the juicer with smoothie attachment.
6. Then add it to the pot and mix well with a whisk or a hand blender.
4. Pour into a cup and garnish with a little turmeric.
For a particularly fine consistency, put everything in the Kuvings vacuum blender at the end and mix briefly!
Photo and recipe from instagram @bananakitchen