Raspberry lemonade bars
Recipe to save
-6 medium sized oranges
-1 cup fresh raspberries
-3/4 cup cornstarch
-1 cup sugar of your choice
-400 ml coconut milk (full fat)
-A pinch of salt
-1 cup mixed fruit juice (same as above)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon of agar-agar or 1 packet of vegan lemon jelly
-1 cup of oatmeal
-1 cup coconut
-1/2 cup coconut oil
-1/2 cup coconut sugar 1/3 cup syrup of choice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. For the filling, peel and slice the citrus fruits.
2. Add the oranges, lemons and grapefruits as well as the raspberries into the @kuvingsgermany juicer, saving about 1 1/2 cups for the topping.
3. Put the squeezed juice in a sauce pot and bring to the boil, add the sugar and let it dissolve before turning it into a paste with the coconut cream and cornstarch.
4. Stir in the coconut cream mixture with a whisk to ensure there are no lumps. Turn down the heat and prepare the base.
5. Mix all the ingredients for the base together and press into a pan lined with baking paper.
6. Tap the bottom of the mold on a table to release any air bubbles and place in the fridge to solidify.
7. For the topping, heat about 1 1/2 cups of the citrus juice mixture, add sugar and agar-agar. Simmer for about 5 minutes, then allow to cool slightly, pour over the filling and leave to set for at least three hours before removing.
8. Garnish with fresh fruit and serve!
Photo and recipe from instagram @lifeinthesouth.co